“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Pio Therapeutics Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles that are contained in that Act.
2. Information Collected
Pio Tx may collect personal information about an individual in a variety of ways, including when they interact with Pio Tx in person or electronically, for example when an individual accesses our website.
Pio Tx will only collect personal information about an individual where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information collected and held, how that information is collected and held and the purposes for which that information will be collected, held, used and disclosed will depend on the circumstances.
Examples of instances where personal information may be collected by Pio Tx include:
- collecting personal information from shareholders for the purposes of enabling proper records to be kept and for reporting purposes; and
- collecting personal information from individuals who enter into service agreements, joint venture agreements or other transactions with Pio Tx for the purpose of administering those agreements or transactions or for reporting purposes.
Examples of the kinds of personal information Pio Tx may collect and hold include:
- phone number;
- fax number;
- email address;
- information about products or services ordered, acquired or supplied;
- information from enquiries made; and
- communications between Pio Tx and an individual.
Pio Tx will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that is collected, used or disclosed by it is complete and up to date.
Pio Tx will not attempt to identify individual users and will only collect personal information about an individual directly from that individual, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
A “cookie” is a device that allows our server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, but they do identify your ISP and your browser type.
This website uses temporary cookies. This means that upon closing your browser, the temporary cookie assigned to you will be destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify you at a later date.
Pio Tx will not disclose domain names or aggregate information to third parties other than to those who assist us with this website and who are under strict confidentiality obligations. You can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies and to notify you when a cookie is used. We suggest that you refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions.
4. Use and Disclosure of Information
Your personal data is created, stored, and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats. The processing of your personal data will be by fair means and will not be unreasonably intrusive.
Pio Tx undertakes not to disclose, sell, rent, or trade your personal information. We are obliged however to allow law enforcement agencies and other government agencies with the relevant legal authority to inspect our ISP logs if there is an investigation.
Personal information you have provided along with your request for information may be forwarded to our head office for follow up of your request by mail, email, or telephone.
Your data may also be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you choose not to provide your personal data, it may not be possible for Pio Tx to provide you with the specific information or assistance you have requested.
4. Security of Personal Information
Pio Tx will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that it holds is protected from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure.
Pio Tx will also take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information it holds that is no longer necessary for the disclosed purpose is destroyed or permanently de-identified, subject to any legal obligation to keep the personal information for any required period of time.
5. Amendment and Location of Policy
Pio Therapeutics Pty Ltd may amend this Policy from time to time.
This Policy, as amended from time to time, is located on the Pio Therapeutics Pty Ltd website and is also available upon request.
6. Access to, Updating and Correcting Personal Information
At the request of an individual, Pio Tx will, in most circumstances, provide access to any personal information that is being held by Pio Tx about that individual.
There are certain circumstances where Pio Tx will not provide an individual access to such personal information in accordance with the Act. These circumstances include where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where providing access would reveal commercially sensitive information about the organisation or where providing access would be unlawful.
An individual can
- withdraw their consent to our use of their personal information at any time;
- object to any processing of their personal data that we process on the lawful basis of legitimate interests, unless our reasons for the underlying processing outweighs their interests, rights, and freedoms; or
- ask us to delete personal data that we no longer have lawful grounds to process
by emailing email@example.com
If you have any concern, query, or complaint about:
- any personal information that may have been collected, used or disclosed by Pio Tx;
- a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles,
this will be referred to the Company Secretary.
Pio Therapeutics Pty Ltd takes complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of the complaint.